Musings of a Dinosaur

A Family Doctor in solo private practice; I may be going the way of the dinosaur, but I'm not dead yet.

Friday, March 19, 2010

I Need My Goddamn Sleep

(Title from Chapter 9, Poor Planning on Your Part does Not Constitute an Emergency on My Part.)

I'm really tired this morning.

Why, you ask?

It's because I stayed up until nearly 11:00 last night.

Why, you ask?

Actually, it was a lot of fun.

I was a guest of Dr. Michael Sevilla, better known as Dr. Anonymous, on his weekly internet radio show. (Preview here; promo here; link here.) Now what on earth would two formerly anonymous now identity-revealed family doctor-bloggers have to talk about? Um, just about everything: medicine, writing, blogging, social media.

The show began at 9:00 and Dr. A told me it would run for about an hour. By 10:00, we had only just begun discussing the book! At 10:30, after Blogger Radio kicked us unceremoniously off the air, I logged into the chat room where Dr. A held court before a microphone, babbling on with increasing incoherence. (I guess he needs his goddamn sleep too, even if he doesn't like to admit it.)

So even though I'm completely wiped this morning, 'twas all worth it for my 15 minutes hour and a half of fame with Dr. Anonymous. Thanks, Mike.

4 Comments:

At Fri Mar 19, 05:07:00 PM, Anonymous Mop said...

What time is your usual bedtime? This post made me question my own sleeping habits. My night doesn't begin until 11pm.

 
At Sat Mar 20, 08:17:00 PM, Blogger rlbates said...

Really enjoyed the interview!

 
At Tue Mar 23, 04:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The COG, who listened to the whole 1.5 hours of it and has not yet caught up on his goddamn sleep, enjoyed the interview. Hope that you, Dr. Dino, have since caught on your g.d. sleep.

 
At Tue Mar 23, 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Medblog Addict said...

NOW you start cursing. I listened to the whole interview, just waiting for you to start swearing like a sailor. What a disappointment.

Just kidding. I enjoyed the interview. Hope you are doing well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home